Read about how successful these members have been!
Attend one of our informational HopeBuilders breakfasts to learn more about the Champlain Housing Trust and the affordable housing work we do in northwestern Vermont.
Shared Equity Program
How To Purchase / 8 Steps to HomeOwnership
- Meet income and asset eligibility requirements
- Attend the one-hour mandatory Shared Equity Program Informational Meeting
- Complete and submit the Shared Equity Program Application.
You can download the pdf or use the online application
Shared Equity Program Application (576 KB)
- Attend the Homebuyer Education Workshop
- Attend one-on-one counseling with a CHT counselor
- Have a current pre-approval letter from an approved CHT lender
- Be able to contribute at least $3,000 of your own funds towards closing costs
(typically from $6,000 to $8,000)
- Go Shopping.
- Resales - CHT has over 500 properties in its portfolio. Resales are the sale of a property which is already in the CHT's portfolio. When our current homeowners want to sell, we help to find another income-eligible buyer.
- New Construction - Sometimes CHT develops new construction housing and provide an investment to make those purchases more affordable. Investment amounts can vary depending on the property.
- Buyer Driven Grants - Some years, CHT receives funding that allows CHT to invest in new homes. Eligible buyers can purchase CHT approved homes of their choosing on the open market and bring them into the CHT portfolio. Availability is dependent on funding.