Read about how successful these members have been!
Attend one of our informational HopeBuilders breakfasts to learn more about the Champlain Housing Trust and the affordable housing work we do in northwestern Vermont.
Shared Equity Program
How To Purchase / 8 Steps to HomeOwnership
- Meet income and asset eligibility requirements
- Attend the one-hour mandatory Shared Equity Program Informational Meeting
- Complete and submit the Shared Equity Program Application.
You can download the pdf or use the online application
Shared Equity Program Application (733 KB)
- Attend the Homebuyer Education Workshop
- Attend one-on-one counseling with a CHT counselor
- Have a current pre-approval letter from an approved CHT lender
- Be able to pay for closing costs, which can be up to $10,000. You must have at least $3,000 of your own savings that could be used.
- Go Shopping.
- Resales - CHT has over 620 properties in its portfolio. Resales are the sale of a property which is already in the CHT's portfolio. When our current homeowners want to sell, we help to find another eligible buyer.
- New Construction - Sometimes CHT develops new construction housing and provide an investment to make those purchases more affordable. Investment amounts can vary depending on the property.