Ready, Set, Rent (RSR) is a program of the Champlain Housing Trust (CHT) and is an invitation-only program. The Ready, Set, Rent! (RSR) program helps people who want to rent from CHT or join a CHT co-ops, but have poor credit.
RSR is a financial education program designed to help rental or co-op applicants overcome a credit barrier and become eligible to rent from CHT. Please note the program does not guarantee a CHT apartment. RSR is comprised of a workshop and an individual counseling appointment.
DUE TO COVID – all workshops and counseling are virtual, using Zoom.
Getting Invited to Ready, Set, Rent (RSR)
- Apply to CHT for an apartment or co-op.
- You, or someone in your household, is denied because of poor credit or no credit history.
- You will receive an invitation to Ready, Set, Rent! if you are eligible. The invitation will include a registration link.
- Complete the online registration
- Receive a follow up email and schedule the workshop and counseling sessions.
- Once you, and any other household members complete the required steps, you will receive a letter from CHT’s Property Management team letting you know that you are eligible to rent from CHT.