Help Build Your New Home!
CHT and Green Mountain Habitat for Humanity (GMHfH) help low-income households to become homeowners. Through this partnership, new homes will be built by GMHfH and then sold through the Shared Equity Program at CHT. Buyers must qualify for both GMHfH and CHT’s Shared Equity Program.
Are you in need of better housing?
Green Mountain Habitat for Humanity builds homes for those living in substandard housing which includes unsafe conditions, expensive rent, and/or being overcrowded.
Are you willing to partner with CHT & GMHfH?
As an interested applicant, you must:
- Agree to the Shared Equity Program guidelines and resale restrictions including the home being your primary residence and sharing your home’s market appreciation when you are ready to sell. Click here for more information on the Shared Equity Program
- Attend CHT’s Shared Equity Program Informational Meeting. Click here to sign up for the meeting
- Attend CHT’s Homebuyer Education Workshop, which includes a financial counseling appointment. Click here to sign up for the workshop
- Be willing to put in “sweat equity” volunteer hours with GMHfH. The requirement is 400 hours for two heads of household, 200 hours for single head of household. Click here for more information on GMHfH requirements
Are you financially ready to buy a home?
To be eligible, you must:
- Qualify for a conventional mortgage with a local lender that works with CHT.
- Be able to pay for closing costs ($8,000 to $10,000), at least $3,000 must be your personal savings.
- Meet income limits to purchase these homes. These limits are less than CHT’s typical Shared Equity Program.
|Household Size||Maximum Income|
How to Apply
Complete the following CHT requirements
- Take the HomeBuyer Education Workshop and attend a counseling session
- Attend a Shared Equity Program Informational Meeting
- Complete a CHT Shared Equity Program Application
- Work with an approved lender to receive a pre-approval for the home you are interested in
Once you qualify for CHT, you will meet with GMHfH and they will complete the following with you:
- An application for GMHfH
- Schedule a meeting with GMHfH to verify need for housing and willingness to partner, which includes sweat equity
Buyers for each home will be selected by GMHfH’s Family Selection Committee.
Available Homes through the Partnership
No results for those listing parameters.
Try different settings or refreshing/changing existing ones.