Applications Are Currently Closed
Champlain Housing Trust has fully allocated its current funding. We anticipate a future round in spring of 2023. Please email [email protected] or call (802) 810-8217 to be put on our contact list for future updates and when applications open.
About the program:
Landlords can apply for grants to bring units up to Vermont Rental Housing Health Code guidelines. These grants can be:
- Up to $30,000 for the rehabilitation of each 0-2 bedroom unit.
- Up to $50,000 for the rehabilitation of each 3+ bedroom unit.
- Up to $50,000 for the creation of new units, including the creation of accessory dwelling units (ADUs).
In order to participate in this program, Landlords will also be required to*:
1. Rent at or below HUD Fair Market Rent for 5 years:
HUD Fair Market Rent for Chittenden, Franklin and Grand Isle Counties:
One Bedroom: $1,238
Two Bedroom: $1,615
Three Bedroom: $1,982
Four Bedroom: $2,180
2. Work with Coordinated Entry Lead Organizations to find tenants for 5 years. ADUs are exempt from this requirement.
3. Contribute funds equaling 20% of the Granted funding prior to receiving distributions.
NOTE: existing units must be vacant for at least 90 days.
* Other program requirements may apply.
If you have questions, or would like to be put on our contact list for future updates and when applications open, please email [email protected] or call (802) 810-8217.
lost job, past due, late on rent, lost job, past due, late on rent, lost job, past due, late on rent, lost job, past due, late on rent