The Vermont Housing Improvement Program is underway! There are two different applications. Please select the correct application based on your type of project.
Learn more about VHIP: VHIP How to Guide: Resources for Property Owners
Would you like to add your name to our contact list for updates about future rounds of VHIP? Click here to complete our interest form.
About the program:
Landlords can apply for grants to bring units up to Vermont Rental Housing Health Code guidelines. These grants can be:
- Up to $30,000 for the rehabilitation of each 0-2 bedroom unit.
- Up to $50,000 for the rehabilitation of each 3+ bedroom unit.
- Up to $50,000 for the creation of new units, including the creation of accessory dwelling units (ADUs).
In order to participate in this program, Landlords will also be required to:
1. Rent at or below HUD Fair Market Rent for 5 years:
HUD Fair Market Rent for Chittenden, Franklin and Grand Isle Counties 2024:
One Bedroom: $1,441
Two Bedroom: $1,887
Three Bedroom: $2,390
Four Bedroom: $2,513
NOTE: While these are the maximum allowed rents, they may not be affordable to eligible tenants and therefore rents may need to be lower than the HUD Fair Market Rent.
2. Work with Coordinated Entry Lead Organizations to find tenants for 5 years. ADUs are exempt from this requirement.
3. Contribute funds equaling 20% of the Granted funding prior to receiving distributions.
* Other program requirements may apply.
If you have questions, please email [email protected] or call (802) 810-8217.
lost job, past due, late on rent, lost job, past due, late on rent, lost job, past due, late on rent, lost job, past due, late on rent