Buyers Must Meet All Requirements to be Eligible to Purchase
- Be income-eligible (using HUD Area Median Income Guidelines). These guidelines are based on current gross household income. Income guidelines are subject to change.
(number of persons living in the home)
- Be Asset Eligible. You must have less than $60,000 in liquid assets (not including retirement accounts). Exceptions to the limit may be requested, but are not guaranteed.
- Be able to obtain a mortgage from a local lender. Your credit report must reflect the fact that you will likely be eligible for a mortgage. Review the list of lenders here.
- You must have at least $3,000 in personal savings and a plan to pay for closing costs, which can be up to $10,000. This plan can include money from financial gifts, loans, or other sources.
- Not have an ownership interest in another primary residence at the time of purchase of CHT home
- Complete Homebuyer Education and counseling Find a HomeBuyer Education Workshop
- Attend the Shared Equity Program Informational meeting (dates listed below)
Contact Us for More Information: 802-861-7373, [email protected]
Learn More about How to Apply for the Shared Equity Program
Download the pdf application here: Shared Equity Program Application
Upcoming Shared Equity Informational Sessions & Related Events
Jun 03 2022
Jun 15 2022
Jul 01 2022
Jul 20 2022
No event found!